Event Category: Community
Calgary’s sixth annual Neighbour Day returns on June 15. Get involved and help celebrate Calgary’s strong community spirit. This is your opportunity to make new friends, have fun and build a stronger neighbourhood.
Apply for your FREE permit by May 24 at
Here are a few ideas on how you and your neighbours can celebrate Neighbour Day:
• Host a block party on your residential street.
• Have a neighbourhood picnic at a local park.
• Host a neighbourhood potluck or front yard BBQ.
• Host afternoon tea in your backyard.
• Organize a parade of lawn parties.
• Hold a street chalk drawing competition.
• Grab a Litter Cleanup Kit, get together and tidy up your park or natural area – http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/Parks/Pages/Volunteer/tlckits.aspx
• Help your neighbour with their spring cleaning or gardening.
• Make up your own way to celebrate your community spirit in Calgary.
To help you out with your event, The City of Calgary is offering FREE block party and greenspace permits for all approved Neighbour Day events. Apply by May 24.
Visit calgary.ca/NeighbourDay to start planning your event.
Apply for your free permit:
Invite The Mayor, your councillor, Calgary Police or Calgary Fire Department to your event:
Find a handy checklist, poster template or nametag template:
Frequently asked questions:
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.